*Please note that terms may be added/edited at any given time, as to ensure client satisfaction and to operate business in an advanced and professional manner.
Please click link below, to view our Service Pricing & Discounts.
*Any questions or concerns, please call 502.337.8400
Alarm, Gate & Garage Codes will need to be provided on the client’s profile, so that our sitter(s) may be able to gain access to the house, to provide care.
It is important to make sure codes are clearly marked on your PetSitClick Profile.
WE want to be able to gain access, provide care and leave your house secure when we depart. And above all, not set off any alarms!
You may also choose to leave you alarm system off and not provide your code. The choice is clearly up to you as a client, but do know the confidential information you provide, can only be seen by Derby City Critter Sitters, and no one else. The safety and security of all pets we care for, is our #1 priority!
As mentioned on the meet & greet page, 2 Keys are requested in our Key Handling Agreement.
These key(s) are the main form of entrance; the sitter will use, to enter the residence.
~WE ask for 2 copies, so that one may be stored in our safe, for emergency purposes or in the event that two sitters are needed to cover all the visits requested.
Key Returns, as stated in the Key Handling Agreement:
I understand that if I decide that if at any time I’d prefer to have my key returned at the last visit of my service, I will leave a note on the first day of service. This note will include the message “Pet Sitter – Leave Key on ”, the date and time of the last scheduled visit, and instructions on how to secure my home while leaving the key. I understand that the pet sitter will not be able to access my house again after the pet sitter has left the key, including in the case of emergencies or delays in my return. Key return at the last visit of service is free.
Derby City Critter Sitters is willing to exchange keys via drop off or pick up. Key transfer, if requested, as “drop off”, will be a charge of $15, if not requested at the end of sitter services.
This request must be confirmed by my pet sitter, and by submitting this request, I agree to all terms as stated.
Service Fees/ Reservations/Cancellation Policies:
- A signed Service Request must be provided to your sitter before service is provided for any period.
- There is a $5 Surcharge to every service booked on National & Local Holidays.
- Unpaid service may be cancelled without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
- Deposit (in full) is due at time of reservation, for vacation services. Reservations are not held until payment is received by DerbyCityCritterSitters or both parties, in writing, agree upon special arrangements. A $5 per visit late charge will be assessed to service that are not paid in advance.
- VACATION SERVICES: Cancellation Charge Schedule effective 2014,
(% applies to entire service period total):
- 0 – 23 hours prior to any service, and/or Holidays: 50% of service total is due (equals a 50% refund)
- 24-48 hours prior to service: 20% of service total is due (equals an 80% refund)
- 48+ hours prior to service: No charge, refund in full.
- Reservations are made to plan sitter availability to clients. Therefore, clients returning home early will be required to pay for the reserved amount of time scheduled. Clients will not have to pay for scheduled Special Services not performed.
- DAILY SERVICES: Pre-Paid, Daily Visit Packages are Non-Refundable.
All visits must be redeemed, within 3 months, from the date of purchase.
- Daily services will be invoiced weekly, on Sunday evening, for the preceding Monday- Sunday.
- Daily Service Cancellation Policy: In order to not be charged, for last minute cancellations, clients must do the following: cancel or reschedule, prior to next day service, by 10PM (night before service) with a call/text/email, or the visit will be marked complete and client will be charged for the visit. *Emergencies (of a serious nature) are taken into consideration, but ultimately DerbyCityCritterSitters reserves the right to charge for services, not cancelled in a timely manner, as set forth in the terms above. We thank you, in advance, for your courteous communication and understanding of our cancellation policy.
Sorry, we no longer accept Checks.
We have set up an easy process for our clients, to make payments, using CHASE Quick Pay!
If you need to make a payment click here. A link to make a payment, will always be present on your Invoice Email. If there is a error or concern, please let up know. Thank you.
We Set-up CHASE Quick Pay Services, on our Meet & Greet Visit!
- This is free to both parties and easy to use!
- Payment is to be collected, in full, before services are rendered.
- There is a $5 Surcharge to every service booked on National & Local Holidays.
- If choosing to pay by Cash, this form of payment will be collected at the Meet & Greet Visit, for Vacation Services or on the First Visit, for Daily/Weekly Services, by Vivian.
During or directly after, the initial meet & greet visit, an invoice will be generated and emailed to the contact email, given and associated with the client’s login information, on our pet sitter’s software.
For Vacation Services, this email will serve as a receipt to services reserved and paid for in advance.
For Daily/Weekly Services, this email will serve as a bill, to be paid on the date of our first service. If paid in advance, this email will serve as a receipt.
Daily services will be invoiced weekly, on Sunday evening, for the preceding Monday- Sunday. For clients who have purchased pre-paid visit packages.
*If there are any questions about cancellations, reservations, surcharges, etc… please see Cancellations Page, under Pawlicies Tab. Or contact us at email@example.com.
Checking for messes, and cleaning up is part of our job. Our sitters know this, and always do a quick check for any accidents, throughout the residence.
If necessary, we clean up any mess and tidy up with any cleaners that have been left by our clients.
Our sitters do their best to clean up any mess that has occurred, but can’t be held responsible, for any stain that results in the accident made by a pet, in the residence.
Any and all messes, observed by the sitter shall by marked, in our visit report email.
Derby City Critter Sitters asks for our clients to have these few items out, so we may properly clean any and all accidents/messes that may occur.
List of Cleaners & Supplies to leave for our sitters:
- Preferred Cleaner(s)
- Extra Paper Towels
- Towel(s) (that can be used to clean up spills/wet pets/etc…)
- Vacuum and/or Broom and Dust Pan
- Any Products that may be used to wash or wipe off pets, incase of an accident
Critter Clean-up Terms, as it is stated in our Contract:
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc…) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medications, pet food, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible, for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse DerbyCityCritterSitters within 14 days for all purchases made.
Our minimum visits, are applicable to the standard critter care we provide, during vacation services.
Each critter has a different regimen, and requires a varying amount of care. With that in mind, Derby City Critter Sitters has created a standard “minimum” amount of visits, required for us, to properly tend to our client’s critters, while they are away on vacation.
On each Critter Care page, you may find the standard “minimum visits” at the bottom of each page. But for quick reference, they are as follows:
BIRDS: Once Every Other Day
CATS: Once Every Other Day
DOGS: 3 Visits Daily (Scheduled Overnights are considered as 2 visits)
Puppy Care: 3 Visits Daily
Senior BIRDS: Once Daily
Senior CATS: Once Daily
Senior DOGS: 3 Visits Daily
Fish: Once Every Other Day
Ferrets: Once Daily
Reptiles: Once Daily (Some Require Twice Daily, Others Require Less)
Rodents & Tiny Critters: Every Other Day
Every pet has a normal range of behaviors, but if there is ever a change or a particular action going on with your pet, our sitters will be sure to leave a note on our Critter Care Notes or their online profile.
Notes may also be texted/emailed with the daily pictures, our sitters provide, of your fur baby!
Derby City Critter Sitters encourages all of our clients to communicate with our sitters or Vivian directly, regarding any changes in their pet(s)’s behavior/health/actions/etc. Knowledge of normal behavior also helps our sitters, to establish any behavior that is out of the norm, so that we may keep our pet parents informed!
Pet Behavior & Health Terms, as it is stated in our Contract:
- DerbyCityCritterSitters is authorized to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visits, at the cost of the client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the sitter. However, the company is not responsible for the health/well being of the animal.
- Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the Pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend DerbyCityCritterSitters, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
- Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. DerbyCityCritterSitters will not be responsible for the safety, of any pets and will also not be liable for the death, injury, disappearance, or legal consequences of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- DerbyCityCritterSitters may use their discretion to stop and end service at any time that a pet poses a danger to the safety or health of itself, other pets, other people, or the Pet Sitter. If concerns prevent the Pet Sitter from continuing for a pet, the Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel, or previously arranged locale if possible. All subsequent charges, including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability, are to be the responsibility of the Owner.
NO SPECIAL FEE OR UPCHARGE!
IT’S ALL INCLUDED, WITH OUR SITTER SERVICES!
Our sitters are Animal CPR & Pet First Aid Certified, Insured, and Devoted to providing any and all your pet critters, with the care they need & deserve!
Just because your critter has special needs or specific medication instructions, doesn’t mean it should cost more. Medicine is expensive enough!
Most medications are administered orally, but no worries; we can administer insulin shots, too. Our sitter’s follow our client’s EXACT instructions, when dealing with medication and/or the care instructions, for their special pet critter.
We use our Critter Care notes, to communicate any & all Rx administration to your pet(s), on a routine basis. In the event that something unusual occurs, our sitters alert the pet parent(s) immediately, and make them aware of the situation.
Even healthy pets can get sick.
If your pooch does acquire an illness, you can be sure we will be there to give them all the extra, tender, loving care they need!
Our sitters are attentive and observant. On a normal basis, our sitters will notify you of any changes in your pet’s behavior.
You can be sure; we will notify you immediately, if any pet critter may need urgent medical attention. Then we transport them directly to their vet’s office.
~Our Vet Release Form can be viewed on our Critter Care Contract page. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
*When you fill out your pet’s vaccination and medical information, on their online profile – you receive email notifications, of their upcoming vaccination expiration.
Devoted Care When You’re Not There!
Pets stay home… We come to them!